If you are expecting to use the ARA version of the VST or AU versions of VocAlign Project 5 or VocAlign Ultra that presents a Guide Capture button like this:
but instead you see a Guide Side-chain image that looks like this:
Please check these three requirements:
1) You must be using a DAW version that is new enough to support the ARA versions of the VST3 or AU VocAlign Plug-ins. The ARA version is the one that has a Capture button.
Check the manufacturers specifications for your DAW software version to see if it supports ARA.
If it does not, then you must use the Real-time capture modes of the VocAlign plugin.
2) When you insert the VocAlign Project 5 or VocAlign Ultra ARA plugin it must be the first plugin in the processing chain.
Also, there can be only one ARA plugin in the chain. This means you cannot have VocAlign Project 5 or VocAlign Ultra with any other ARA plugin (e.g., Melodyne) on the same segment of audio.
3) If you are running your DAW on an Apple silicon (M1) computer, you must set your DAW to open using Rosetta, or even the ARA plugin will show Sidechain instead of a Capture button.
To set your DAW to open using Rosetta:
- close your DAW, if it is running
- find the application in your Mac
- choose File > Get Info
- tick the Open using Rosetta checkbox in the info window (shown here for Logic Pro)
Your DAW will then open in Rosetta mode and VocAlign will display the Capture button for the Guide track, as expected.