- VocAlign Project 5 and VocAlign Ultra are not available as standalone applications
- VocAlign Project 5 and VocAlign Ultra will not respond to the commands in the Audio > VocAlign menu in Digital Performer
- If you want to use the commands in the Audio > VocAlign menu in Digital Performer, you need the VocALign Project 3 Standalone software and a valid iLok license for VocALign Project 3
- With VocAlign Project 5 and VocAlign Ultra in Digital Performer 10 and 11, you can capture audio in real time, following the steps below
These steps have been verified with Digital Performer 10.13 and Digital Performer 11.02 for macOS.
We are working on more detailed documentation for Digital Performer but, to help you get started, here is a quick guide with the steps you need to follow:
- In the Studio > Bundles window in Digital Performer, create a new bus in (we suggest to create a mono bus and call it "VocAlign" or "Synchro Arts" but you can choose what's best for you)
- on your Guide track, route your Guide audio to this new bus using a channel send
- on your Dub track, activate VocAlign as an insert (we recommend to activate a mono VST3 plug-in)
- in the VocAlign plug-in window, set the Side Chain input to the bus that you created:
- place the Digital Performer playback cursor to the position where you want to start capturing audio
- click the "Capture button in the VocAlign Dub track
- start playback in Digital Performer
- when you have played back the audio that you want to capture, stop playback
Your audio should now be captured in the VocAlign plug-in window.
For VocAlign operation, please see our User guides:
And for VocAlign Ultra the Interface overview and Working with presets sections will help.
When you are happy with your alignment result, you can finalize it by bouncing your clip to disk in Digital Performer.
These steps have been verified with Digital Performer 10.13 and Digital Performer 11.02 for macOS